INTELLIGENCE AND NATIONAL SECURITY ALLIANCE, INC. (“INSA”) AT WWW.INSAONLINE.ORG
The terms “INSA”, “us”, “we” or “our” refer to Intelligence and National Security Alliance, Inc., a Maryland not-for-profit corporation which is the owner and operator of this website. The terms “you” or “your” refer to the user or viewer of our website.
INSA’s website is not directed at children under the age of 18 or users from outside the United States, and such persons may not provide personal information through the website. Persons who are not citizens and residents of the United States are not permitted to register for an account on or in connection with our website. By providing information through INSA’s website, its features, and tools, you (a) consent to having your information used as set forth in these Terms, and (b) represent that you are eligible to access and use the website, its features and tools pursuant to these Terms.
- Copyright and Permitted Use of Content.
- All content included in this website, including but not limited to text, photographs, audio, video, graphics, logos, icons, images, articles, reports, papers and software (collectively “Content”), is the property of INSA or, where noted, of a third party content supplier (“Third Party Content”), and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The design, layout and appearance of the website and the compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all Content on the website is the exclusive property of INSA and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights are reserved and Content may not be reproduced, downloaded, modified, displayed, distributed, republished or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of INSA or as indicated below.
- You may print or download INSA reports, articles, white papers, press releases, blog posts, publications and other INSA Content from the website for your personal and non-commercial use, and you may copy and distribute such Content to individual third parties for their personal and non-commercial use, provided that you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Content, you identify and acknowledge this website as the source of the material, and you otherwise comply with all of these Terms.
- You may not sell, license or commercially exploit any of INSA’s Content and you may not modify or create any derivative work from INSA Content without INSA’s prior written permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the INSA website, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the Content of the INSA website in any way that affects the users’ experience, and not to use any data scraping, data mining, data gathering or extraction method. Requests to use the Content for any purpose other than as permitted in these Terms should be directed to email@example.com.
- You may not print, download, republish, reproduce, distribute, disseminate, modify or display any Third Party Content except with the prior written permission of the owner of such content.
- We may terminate or suspend your right to use the website services, features, and tools at any time, for any reason, without prior notice. Upon such termination or suspension, your right to use the website services, features and tools will immediately cease.
- Trademarks and Linking to Our Website. INSA, Intelligence and National Security Alliance and the INSA Logo are trademarks and service marks of INSA and may not be used in connection with any third party product or service in a manner that is likely to cause consumer confusion or to disparage or harm the reputation of INSA or to diminish the distinctive quality of INSA’s marks and their association with INSA. Upon written request and subject to the prior written consent of INSA, a person or entity who has received INSA’s prior written consent may use an approved INSA mark pursuant to and in accordance with the terms of our standard form License of INSA Marks available at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other trademarks not owned by INSA or its affiliate, the Intelligence and National Security Foundation, that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners, including but not limited to the marks of our members and sponsors of our events. Linking to our website may only be done with our prior written permission, which shall be subject to revocation at any time in our sole discretion. Any approved links to our website shall be limited to our home page.
- Links to Other Websites and/or Materials. At or throughout our website, we may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) (“Third Party Sites”) as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications or Content”). These links are provided as a courtesy to our users. We have no control over Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications or Content. Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications or Content accessed through or posted on our website, including the content, accuracy, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Sites or the Third Party Applications or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave our website and access the Third Party Sites or use or install any Third Party Applications or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern.
- Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent.
- Termination of Access for Repeat Infringers. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and request that our users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, we have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of this website, its features and tools (including but not limited to the community portals and discussion boards available to members of our task forces and councils) who are infringers. We may terminate access for participants or users who are found to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
- DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on or through this website or its features (such as, but not limited to portals and discussion boards) infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information in writing to our designated copyright agent:
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of a take-down notice, we will promptly remove the allegedly infringing material and will promptly notify the user who posted this material of the removal. Our designated copyright agent is English Edwards, Communications and Marketing Manager, Intelligence and National Security Alliance, Inc. (INSA), 901 North Stuart Street, Suite 205, Arlington, VA 22203, (703) 224-4672 – phone, (703) 224-4681 – fax, email@example.com.
- Counter-Notices. If you believe that your user content that has been removed from the website, it portals, discussion boards or other features is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use such content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent using the contact information set forth above:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal courts in Virginia and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by our copyright agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that we may reinstate the removed material in 10 business days. Unless our copyright agent receives notice from the complaining party of the complaining party filing or intending to file an action seeking a court order against us or the alleged infringer to restrain from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material at issue, we may replace the material in not less than 10, nor more than 14 business days from receipt of the counter-notice.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- We endeavor to provide excellent and accurate information and services and to keep the website operable and available. However, we shall have no liability for the website, its features and tools being unavailable to you or inoperable for any reason. Your use of this website, its portals, and blogs, and any materials or information available thereon, is entirely at your sole risk and we shall have no liability relating thereto. Neither we nor any third parties (including but not limited to members of our task forces and councils) make any representation, warranty or guaranty as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability, reliability or timeliness of the content, materials and information available on or through this website, its portals, blogs and other features and tools. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any information, materials, products or services available on or through this website meet your requirements and specific purpose.
- THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REFERENCED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY OR FREEDOM FROM ERRORS, VIRUSES, BUGS, INTERRUPTION OR OTHER TECHNICAL PROBLEMS. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE WEBSITE.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES, OR OUR LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS FEATURES AND TOOLS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE PORTALS AND DISCUSSION BOARDS), OR ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, ANY DELAYS ON THE SITE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- What Information Does INSA Collect? INSA respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website. Most data INSA collects is used only to help us better serve our members and the visitors to our site. Our general policy is to collect and store only personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide. If our privacy policies change, we will notify all users by a special announcement placed on the website.
- Information Collected From General UsersINSA does not collect any personal information from users browsing this website. Only aggregate data, such as the number of hits per page, are collected. Aggregate data are used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
- Information Collected From INSA’s Members, Event Registrants, and Other CustomersIn order to access certain materials, resources, features and tools on the INSA website, members and visitors are asked to register for an account. To register for an account, a user must provide their name, organization name, business phone and email. Credit card information is collected from a person when joining or renewing a membership, registering for an event, or purchasing other goods or services. These data are submitted voluntarily. Similar information may be submitted to INSA through membership applications, event registrations, sponsorship applications, trade show booth applications, and publication orders. INSA does not store credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, the information is processed through PAYPAL. All sensitive data, such as credit card information, is transmitted via SSL encryption.Additionally, for some emails sent in HTML format by INSA to its members and other customers, INSA may collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email, such as monitoring whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes the email address of a user, the date and time of the user’s “click”, a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number, and destination page. INSA will only use this information to enhance its services and distribution of those services to its members and other customers. This information will not be distributed in any other manner without user consent.
- How does INSA Use Data Collected? Generally, INSA uses information voluntarily submitted by users in the following ways:
- INSA Member Services and ProductsINSA and its affiliates use data collected to (1) improve INSA’s website, portals, discussion boards, online presence and customer service; (2) respond to user’s interests, needs and preferences; (3) develop new products and services; (4) conduct surveys; (5) inform you of our events, publications, resources, products and services; and (6) communicate with you regarding our events, publications, products, services and other matters of interest to our members and visitors.
- Disclosures to Third PartiesINSA makes contact information for those participating in INSA’s Task Forces, Councils, and committees available to other members of the applicable Task Force, Council or committee through a community portal on its website. INSA does not sell user information to anyone. Member and user personal information is not shared with third parties other than those acting as agents of our organization and as directed by INSA. For example, a third party may act as our agent, acting as event registration manager, for INSA sponsored events. Therefore if a user registers for an event, they may be directed to an event specific website. A third party acting on behalf of INSA may collect event registration information for the purpose of managing the event on behalf of INSA.
- Ownership of Account Information. We own the account information you supply to us. We take your privacy seriously and will not sell, rent, lease or share your account information with any non-affiliated third parties, except as described in these Terms. Your information will be used by us and our affiliates for the purposes described in these Terms. Account information provided, including personally identifiable information, may be shared with affiliated business partners and companies. Your information may also be shared with other companies outside us and our affiliates: (i) as permitted by law, (ii) in the event of a transfer of ownership, assets or a bankruptcy of our company, (iii) where we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to investigate security breaches or to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process, or (iv) to protect our interests or safety or that of our users or visitors to the website.
- Opt-Out/Choice. You may always choose not to provide information, even though it may be needed to access and take advantage of certain aspects of the website. If you do not want to receive marketing or other communications from INSA, you may opt-out by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating your desire not to receive future communications. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible, and you must understand that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. Please also note that we are not responsible for informing third party business partners and service providers with whom we have already shared your personal information and/or account information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from or causing information to be removed from the databases or records of such entities. Persons who have registered for an INSA account have access to review, update, correct and/or remove their personal information from the “My INSA” portion of the website which is accessible only by using their username and password.
- Data Protection. The security of your data is important to us. The data collected on the site is maintained in databases that are housed on equipment stored in secure, limited-access facilities. Access to the database is restricted to those employees that are responsible for collecting the data and those whose duties require them to use the data. This website employs reasonable security measures to help protect the personal information submitted to us from loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access, both during transmission and once we receive it. Even with such measures, no website, method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide. If any user suspects INSA has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with these Terms, please contact us by email at insaonline.org or by calling 703-224-4672.
- Modification of These Terms. We reserve the right to revise or modify any portion of these Terms at any time and to change the content and features of the website and the terms and conditions under which we offer access to and use of the website. In the event we make a change to these Terms, it will be posted here. You are encouraged to periodically review these Terms because your continued use of the website following any changes thereto will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes.
These Terms, including, without limitation, the limitations of liability, will be binding on you and all third parties, including, but not limited to, your successors, heirs, executors, permitted assigns, insurance carriers and any other individual or entity asserting any right or claim relating to your use of the website.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to its choice of law provisions. You consent and agree that any controversy, dispute or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or to the use of the website shall be resolved by arbitration in Arlington, Virginia before one arbitrator under the auspices of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS”) in accordance with its then outstanding streamlined commercial rules. A ruling of the arbitrator shall be final and binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party shall pay fifty percent (50%) of the fees and costs of JAMS and the arbitrator. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the website must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall not be affected thereby. Any failure on our part to enforce any provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision.
We may assign or delegate these Terms, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time without your consent. You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is void.
This website is owned and operated by Intelligence and National Security Alliance, Inc., a not-for-profit Maryland corporation trading as INSA. If users have questions or concerns regarding these terms they should contact us via email at email@example.com or call 703-224-4672.