Would you describe yourself as enthusiastic? Customer service-minded? Interested in starting a career in event management?
INSA is seeking an Event Management Intern and you could be the perfect fit! Work alongside INSA's Events Director to plan and execute a variety of events from 600-guest, black-tie dinners to multiday policy conferences to intimate, member-only gatherings.
This is a part-time, paid hourly position of $11/hour, requiring a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week and occasional evening availability.
- Manage internal event registration protocols and issue weekly registration reports to staff
- Serve as primary point of contact for guest registration and attendee questions
- Liaison with vendors (e.g. caterers, printers), sponsors, venues, and other events partners
- Assist in event budget management by tracking receipt and fulfillment of vendor invoices
- Ensure event signage is prepared properly and delivered on schedule
- Track updates to the INSA event and sponsorship guide and engage internal stakeholders to ensure fulfillment
- General administrative tasks as assigned
Desired experience, skills, and attributes
- Previous event planning experience (paid or unpaid)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable commitment to providing customer service and satisfaction
- Familiarity utilizing Cvent a plus
- Highly organized self-starter who can thrive working independently as part of a team
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in event management, hospitality, or related field a plus
- Experience working in a professional association or similar environment a plus
- Interest in supporting national security-related organization a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 23, 2020.See Internship Flyer