To better assess the IC’s DEIA challenges and to recommend actionable solutions, INSA is launching a new Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Council, which will research, discuss, and analyze DEIA issues that affect government agencies, cleared contractors, and academic institutions.
Priority areas for the JEDI Council include:
- Convening subject matter experts from the U.S. Government, the private sector, and academia to address current and future challenges regarding DEIA issues
- Developing ideas to ensure a diverse pipeline of talent for the intelligence and national security communities
- Promoting equitable and inclusive environments for those who are already in the trusted workforce
- Researching and analyzing DEIA-related challenges, best practices, and benchmarks for the intelligence and national security communities
- Assessing INSA’s efforts to improve DEIA in management, event programming, and outreach
Participation is open to all INSA members willing to play an active role. We expect that the Council will meet 4 to 6 times per year and that most Council-driven work will take place offline among members and staff.
About JEDI Council Leadership
Nicole Gibson is a Partner with Guidehouse in the National Security Segment. She has over 20 years experience providing management-consulting service to the Federal Government providing clients with insight and guidance as they seek to transform their organizations, increase transparency, better serve their customers, and increase operational effectiveness.
Larry Thomas is Chief Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion Officer at Penn State University's Applied Research Laboratory. For a quarter of a century, Thomas has served as a trusted advisor for a host of influential employers, executives, and board directors across industries and sectors. Thomas currently serves on the Council of the Brookings Institution and the Society of Fellows Engagement Committee of the Aspen Institute.