On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 INSA teamed up with Defense One and ESRI to host The Human Machine Team: Building an AI Ready Workforce breakfast briefing. The panelists discussed the major challenges facing the AI workforce right now and how to build a solid foundation for future generations who enter it.
As the conversation developed throughout the morning, the following were identified as critical in securing a successful future for AI:
- Agreeing on a universal definition of "artificial intelligence"
- Determining where and when AI is the best practice
- Recognizing the importance of the human-machine partnership in using AI effectively
- Implementing AI initiatives in middle and high schools
- Re-skilling current employees to gain a better understanding of emerging technologies
Thank you to all who participated in and supported the event!