Just Announced! 2020 Innovators' Showcase Honorees
Congratulations to the following 19 private sector and academic institutions selected by INSA's selection committee!
4iQ; Battelle; BlackSky; Botanisol Analytics; CACI; CipherLoc; Hexagon US Federal;
IvySys Technologies, LLC; JPS Interoperability; National Security Solutions;
Presser Surveillance Solutions and Technologies; Raytheon BBN Technologies;
RunSafe Security, Inc.; Sciometrics, LLC; SCYTHE; Semicyber, LLC; SYGHT Tech;
Tomahawk Robotics; and the University of Dallas.
About the Showcase
Held in partnership with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, this event exposes key S&T and procurement officials from across the DOD and IC to bleeding-edge innovations from industry and academia.
Areas of interest:
- Advancements in autonomous systems for rapid object detection and classification, Human Language Technology (HLT), Human-Machine Teaming integration, and novel trend analysis in large, disparate datasets.
- Develop predictive analytic tools/capabilities to detect, analyze, and counter propaganda and disinformation, manipulations of social media, and malign influence originated from both state and non-state influencers.
Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear Sciences
- Chemical: Enhancement of capabilities to rapidly detect, collect, identify, and characterize signatures associated with the research and development of chemical warfare agents. Development of capabilities to simulate the disposal of CBN materials in real environments and atmospheric conditions.
- Biological: Enhancement of capabilities to detect, classify, and identify signatures from both synthetically-derived and naturally-occurring biological agents. Development of technologies to more accurately track and predict the intentional, unintentional, and/or misappropriation of biological datasets and intellectual property.
- Nuclear: Development of enhanced capabilities to detect, collect, and characterize signatures from material related to nuclear research and development. Novel methods to make or refine significant quantities of materials related to nuclear weapons.
- Innovations that enhance next-generation encryption, block chain technology, global supply chain risk mitigation, leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) in novel ways, create scalable network vulnerability assessments and persistent cyber capabilities, and exploit offensive cyber programs of key adversaries.
Materials and Manufacturing
- Innovations resulting in unique material properties of utility, strength, and size. Improvements in manufacturing techniques such as additive structures, automated assembly, and reverse engineering.
- Innovations that enhance or enable new sensing of the physical environment and provide improved device utility, survivability, and persistence in adverse environments. These sensors may exploit any part of the EM spectrum (X-rays, UV, visible, IR), and acoustic and gravitational waves.
- Technology or research that represents a significant shift in the current manner of doing or thinking about something; a newly introduced element or factor that changes an existing paradigm in a significant way.