INSA Spring Symposium: Managing the Evolving Cyber Landscape
Registration for this event is now closed.
A strong, secure digital infrastructure is the backbone of U.S. political, economic, and societal strength. However, as new vulnerabilities are revealed and new cyber threats emerge, cybersecurity has become synonymous with national security. At the Tuesday, April 16 INSA Spring Symposium, Managing the Evolving Cyber Landscape, senior government, industry, and academic experts will examine the pressing issues at the nexus of cyber and national security.
Registration and networking breakfast
Morning keynote remarks
Federal Chief Information Security Officer and Senior Director for Cybersecurity, National Security Council
Panel: Do We Need a Digital Geneva Convention?
- Colonel Gary Corn, USA, Staff Judge Advocate, U.S. Cyber Command
- Stewart Baker, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson
- Angela McKay, Senior Director for Cybersecurity Policy & Strategy, Microsoft
- Dr. Catherine Lotrionte, Brent Scowcroft Scholar, Atlantic Council
- Moderator: Robert Litt, Of Counsel, Morrison & Foerster
Panel: Cyber R&D – Artificial Intelligence, Quantum Computing, and National Security
11:00 am - 12:15 pm
- Dr. Stacey Dixon, Director, IARPA
- Dr. Joan Hoffmann, Member of Defense Science Board Task Force on Applications of Quantum Technologies; Program Manager, Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Lab
- Peggy Styer, Managing Partner, Razor’s Edge Ventures
- Moderator: John Fant, Vice President of Space, Intelligence and Cyber, Peraton
Luncheon and keynote remarks
Executive Assistant Director of the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Panel: Maximizing the Value of Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Tonya Ugoretz, Deputy Assistant Director for Intelligence, FBI Cyber Division
- Hugh Clapp, Senior Director, Defensive Cyber Operations, Symantec
- James Katavalos, Senior Vice President, Citi Cyber Intelligence Center, Citigroup
- Jared Ettinger, Cyber Intelligence Researcher at the Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Moderator: Fran Moore, Director for Intelligence, Financial Systemic Analysis and Resilience Center (FSARC)
Panel: National Security Implications of 5G Implementation
Featuring opening remarks by Bill Evanina, Director, National Counterintelligence and Security Center, ODNI.
- John Costello, Director, Office of Strategy, Policy, and Plans, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Department of Homeland Security
- Leland D. Brown, Technology Development Manager, Intel Federal
- Dr. James Lewis, Senior Vice President and Director, Technology Policy Program, Center for Strategy and International Studies
- John Nagengast, Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives, AT&T Global Public Sector
- Moderator: Patrick Tucker, Technology Editor, Defense One
Additional speakers to be announced.
Location & Time
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
NRECA/INSA Conference Center
4301 Wilson Blvd | Arlington, Virginia 22203
This event is open to the press, contact for more information.
Business or Service Dress/Class A (Military).
- Apr 16, 2019 07:30
- Apr 16, 2019 16:30
- Event Category
- Past Events
- Contact Person
- Toya Cribbs