Building a 21st Century Trusted Workforce Breakfast Panel
Join us for a panel discussion on Tuesday morning, October 30th, regarding initiatives to reform the security clearance process with senior leaders from Congress, the executive branch, and industry.
Topics would include challenges faced by both government and industry, ongoing initiatives to reform the clearance process, and both legislative and policy proposals to make the clearance process more effective and efficient.
Discussion topics will include:
- Impact of current challenges and proposed reforms on government and industry effectiveness
- Challenges: (1) Backlog; (2) Investigation timelines; (3) Reciprocity/portability; (4) Limited information-sharing on contractors; (5) Data access and privacy
- Reforms: (1) Proposed Executive Order; (2) Trusted Workforce 2.0 initiative; (3) Modernization of background investigations (BIs); (4) Use of continuous evaluation (CE) for BIs and insider threat monitoring; (5) Transition of investigation, adjudication, and CE to DOD
- Clearance-in-person as a means of promoting mobility between government and industry
- Policies to promote whole-of-government oversight by Security Executive Agent
- Senator Mark Warner, Vice Chairman, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Susan Gordon, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Kevin Phillips, CEO and President, ManTech
- Tish Long, Chairman, INSA (moderator)
*Additional panelists to be announced.
- 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM – Registration, Breakfast and Networking
- 8:45 AM – 10:15 AM – Panel Discussion + Audience Q&A
- 10:15 AM – 10:20 AM – Closing Remarks
Registration for this event is closed.
For press inquiries, please contact email@example.com
- Oct 30, 2018 08:00
- Oct 30, 2018 10:20
- Event Category
- Security Policy and Reform Council, Upcoming Events
- Contact Person
- Jessica Jones