Thank you to all our award recipients, attendees, sponsors and guests for helping make the 2019 INSA Achievement Awards such a great success!
The festive evening brought the intelligence and national security communities together to celebrate outstanding early and mid-career professionals from government, military, academia, homeland security, and industry, as well as the senior leaders who inspired their success.
2019 Achievement Award Recipients
- Capt Nicholas R. D’Andrea, USAF, Division Chief, Special Programs, National Reconnaissance Office (William O. Studeman Military Award)
- Philip Haddad, Targeting Analyst, Department of Homeland Security (John W. Warner Homeland Security Award)
- Saeben Haverington, Intelligence Analyst, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (John W. Warner Homeland Security Award)
- Lori Anne Parker, Senior Intelligence Officer, Department of Homeland Security (Joan A. Dempsey Mentorship Award)
- Dakota S. Rudesill, Assistant Professor, Moritz College of Law at The Ohio State University (Sidney D. Drell Academic Award)
- J. Travis Thompson, Intelligence Officer, Defense Intelligence Agency (Richard J. Kerr Government Award)
- Adam Van Etten, PhD, Technical Director, In-Q-Tel CosmiQ Works (Edwin H. Land Industry Award)
Learn more about the recipients.
In addition to hearing from each award recipient, the event included keynote remarks by Lieutenant General Robert P. Ashley, Jr., director, U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency. A career Army military intelligence officer, LTG Ashley discussed the value of public service and the pressing need for innovative ideas and fresh perspectives to strengthen our national security in a time of global challenges.
About the Awards
- Joan A. Dempsey Mentorship Award
- Open to all public, private and academic elements up to and including GS-15/O-6 and equivalent rank
- Sidney D. Drell Academic Award
- Graduate students and untenured professors
- Richard J. Kerr Government Award
- Civilian government employees up to/including GS-13 and equivalent rank
- Edwin H. Land Industry Award
- Contractor/non-government employees
- William O. Studeman Military Award
- Uniformed military up to/including O-3 and equivalent enlisted rank
- John W. Warner Homeland Security Award
- First responders and domestic government employees up to and including GS-13 and equivalent rank