The Results Are In! INSA Names 2017 Achievement Award Honorees
Recipients to be recognized in ceremony February 23 at the United States Institute of Peace
ARLINGTON, VA (January 25, 2017) – The Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA) has announced the recipients of the 2017 INSA Achievement Awards. The awards recognize outstanding midlevel professionals from government, the military, the private sector, and academia supporting the U.S. national security mission. The recipients, selected by a committee of INSA’s leadership and Intelligence Champions Council, are:
- CPT Brigid K. Calhoun, 1-503rd Infantry Battalion S2, 173rd IBCT (A), U.S. Army (William O. Studeman Military Award)
- Sara Jamshidi, Graduate Research Assistant, Penn State University – Applied Research Laboratory (Sidney D. Drell Academic Award)
- Mandy Rogers, Systems Engineering Associate, Northrop Grumman Corporation (Edwin H. Land Industry Award)
- Thomas D. Smith, Insider Threat Program Manager, U.S. Department of the Treasury (Richard J. Kerr Government Award)
- Janna Scott-Tarman, Deputy Division Chief, Counterintelligence Analysis, Defense Intelligence Agency (Joan A. Dempsey Mentorship Award)
- Sean Sullivan, Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (John W. Warner Homeland Security Award)
INSA President Chuck Alsup said, “INSA takes great pride in recognizing the promising professionals and mentors serving in the intelligence and national security workforce. The commitment to excellence, discipline, and integrity demonstrated by these recipients is a testament to them and so many others who work to keep our Nation safe. We hope this recognition inspires our recipients, as well as their peers and colleagues, to continue their outstanding leadership and service to the Nation.”
The 2017 Achievement Awards ceremony and reception will take place Thursday, February 23, at the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C. Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, USMC, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, will give the keynote address. For press inquiries, contact Ryan Pretzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The INSA Board of Directors established the Achievement Awards in 2010. Each award is named after a recipient of the William Oliver Baker Award, which INSA presents annually to an individual for their sustained contributions to U.S. intelligence and national security affairs.
For more information about the INSA Achievement Awards and the 2017 recipients, please visit www.insaonline.org/Achievement.