Office Manager/Executive Assistant:
Posted: April 20, 2015
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Salary: $38,000.00 - $42,000.00
Type: Full Time - Entry Level/Experienced
Category: Administrative, Clerical, Support
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
About the Office Manager/Executive Assistant Position:
The INSA Office Manager/Executive Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day support of the INSA Leadership Team. The responsibilities specifically include:
- Answering telephones and faxes, including providing notification to appropriate staff and following up on questions when appropriate
- Develops and implements office policy and procedures
- Maintain and the office and executive team calendars
- Serving as the focal point for administrative support for INSA members, both individual and corporate members
- Provide support to outside IT support as needed
- As requested, updating and/or maintaining database information on INSA members and INSA event attendees
- Supporting membership and event activities, including on-site support at event venues
- As requested, assisting with INSA’s accounting, financial reporting, and accounts payable functions
- Sorting and delivering mail and correspondence and preparing materials for distribution and mailing
- Maintaining a current stock of office supplies
- Assisting the staff, as necessary, in creating briefings and other materials
- Providing support and backup for other staff as necessary
- Schedule and coordinate travel arrangements for INSA staff
- Manage hard copy and electronic files and records
- Coordinate janitorial and maintenance services
- Ensure a neat and orderly office environment
- Organizing small company meetings (i.e. A/V and catering)
- Greet internal and external customers
- The Office Manager/Executive Assistant is responsible to the President and Senior Director of Administration and Management for general and overall guidance and tasking.
- The Office Manager/Executive Assistant must be an energetic, enthusiastic self-starter who can accept responsibility and carry out tasks with minimal management oversight.
- This individual must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to interact with individuals at varying professional levels of government and industry.
- This person must be able to work under short deadlines and prioritize work tasks, often de- conflicting priorities.
- Individual must have experience in creating and editing written material and must have a thorough working knowledge of supporting computer software, to include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience, knowledge and comfort level managing small office IT a bonus!
- Experience with iMIS (or other association membership software) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of previous administrative experience preferred.
- Individual must be a U.S. citizen.
About the Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA):
INSA is the premier intelligence and national security organization that provides a unique venue for collaboration, networking and examination of policy issues and solutions. Representing an unprecedented alliance among senior leaders from the public, private and academic sectors, INSA members form an unparalleled community of experts that collaborate to develop creative, innovative and timely solutions to the intelligence and national security issues facing the United States. INSA is a non-profit, non-partisan, public-private organization that works to promote and recognize the highest standards within the national security and intelligence communities. INSA members include current and former high-ranking intelligence, military and government agency leaders, analysts, and experts from industry and academia. Drawing on the experience and expertise of this membership, the Intelligence and National Security Alliance provides the thought leadership that identifies crucial intelligence topics, completes strategic research and promotes innovative solutions. INSA has over 150 corporate members, as well as several hundred individual members, who are industry leaders within the government, private sector, and academia. INSA's Mission: To provide the intelligence and national security communities with a non-partisan catalyst for public-private partnerships which identify, develop and promote creative solutions through access to committed experts in and out of government.
Additional Salary Information: INSA provides an excellent benefits package, including 100% of healthcare premiums, 401k and a close-knit small office working environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm on Monday, April 27. Absolutely no submissions will be accepted after the deadline. If you have any questions about the position, please email your question to email@example.com – no phone calls please!